Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Fraserburgh Football Club app


Fraserburgh FC U17 - Match centre

Mon 25 Mar 20:00 - League Full time Attendance 75

Scottish Highland Football Under 17 League - East, Fraserburgh v Huntly , Monday 25th March 2019


Young Broch are five alive against Huntly

The Broch took the lead after six minutes when Zane Laird drove forward and clipped the ball past Sandy Watt from 12 yards. Ryan Strachan had a good chance 14 minutes later but he sliced his shot wide of goal. On 23 minutes the same player had another great chance after Ryan Milne’s cross but he lifted his effort over the crossbar. He made no mistake two minutes later though after Ryan Milne saw his shot palmed away by the Huntly keeper Ryan Strachan was on hand to slide the ball into the empty net.

The Broch were swarming all over Huntly and next to try his luck was Scott Murison who controlled Zane Laird’s cross but the Huntly keeper saved on the goal line. Calum Buchan then got into the act on 28 minutes when after a good run and shot from the edge of the box but it went just wide. Keigan Mathers went close with a shot from distance on 38 minutes but it was the Broch who extended their lead on 44 minutes when Ryan Milne’s cross was turned into his own net by the unfortunate Owen Morris. A minute later though the visitors were thrown a lifeline when Jamie Coutts forced the ball home.

Half time: Fraserburgh 3 Huntly 1

The Broch came out looking to restore their three goal lead and Zane Laird saw his effort on 51 minutes deflected wide. Calum Buchan also went close on 57 minutes and five minutes later Zane Laird’s cross rebounded off the crossbar but Ryan Milne couldn’t force the rebound home. Ross Coutts created a chance on 67 minutes when his cross fell to Ryan Strachan but Scott Morrison pulled off a brilliant save to deny the Broch striker. Five minutes later Calum Buchan’s corner was met by the head of Kyle Inglis but the Huntly keeper pulled off another great save.

Huntly weren’t giving up and a free kick by Keigan Mathers was headed over by Paul Davidson on 73 minutes. Their resolve though was broken four minutes later when Scott Murison’s cross was controlled by Kyle Inglis and he turned his man before firing home. On 86 minutes it was 5-1 with Ross Taylor pouncing on a mistake by the Huntly keeper to score. In the last minute Lewis Noble though he had scored a sixth but his header was well saved by Scott Morrison in the Huntly goal.

Full time: Fraserburgh 5 Huntly 1

Fraserburgh: Andrew Dunbar (Owen Campbell 45), Ewan Bloomfield, Ross Coutts, Glen Wyness, Ryan Thoirs, Lewis Noble, Ryan Milne (Mathew Keith 74), Scott Murison (Ross Taylor 81), Ryan Strachan (Liam Strachan 65), Callum Buchan (Kyle Inglis 65), Zane Laird.
Goalscorer: Zane Laird (6), Ryan Strachan (25), Own Goal (44), Kyle Inglis (77), Ross Taylor (86).

Huntly: Sandy Watt (Scott Morrison 45), Ross Gill, Nathan Coffey, Murray Nicol, Paul Davidson, Reece Johnston, Owen Morris, Cameron Murray (Matthew Begg 32), Jamie Coutts, Mika Askildsen (Dillon Farqyhar 32), Keigan Mathers.
Goalscorer: Jamie Coutts (45).

Match Officials: Referee: Joel Kennedy, Assistant Referees: Gavin J. Bruce & Michael Milne.

Get the team together and play Fantasy League

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors